I’m sure you have heard the term “Grounding” or “Earthing,” which ever one, it is the process of simply walking barefooted on mother earth. Grounding is very important in today’s society. We are surrounded constantly by technology and electricity. For instance, you wake up to an alarm clock, you walk on carpet, turn lights on, cook food either on an electric stove or microwave, put your shoes on, get in a car, driving surrounded by lights, get to your destination, walk on more carpet or tile, return home. Notice that not one time did your feet touch the earth. When walking, your feet were covered with shoes. People have become so detached from mother nature to the point where it is very sad.
Grounding is an ancient technique that spreads out through different cultures, traditions and spiritual practices over hundreds of years. It is simply reconnecting and realigning out energies with the Earth. When we allow our body to connect with the Earth, we enhance our mental, spiritual, physical, and emotional well being and create a more sound, clear way of thinking. Improved vitality, health, and wellness are benefits of grounding with the Earth. It’s so simple to ground, just walk outside with no shoes on and relax. Connecting with mother nature is a spiritual thing and you get a better understanding of why mother earth is so important.
It can be difficult when you can’t even remember the last time your feet or hands actually touched real ground and it can be very disturbing. You get so caught up with life you don’t even remember to ground yourself. When your body’s energy is off or unbalanced, it’s likely you need to practice grounding yourself. The modern world is set up in a way that peoples connection to the Earth is greatly suppressed. So, what exactly does grounding do for our bodies?
Health benefits of grounding (earthing):
- Defuse the cause of inflammation, and improve or eliminate the symptoms of many inflammation related disorders
- Reduce or eliminate chronic pain
- Improve Sleep and promote a deeper sleep
- Increase energy and vitality
- Lower stress and promote calmness in the body by cooling down the nervous system and stress hormones
- Normalize the body’s biological rhythms
- Thin the blood and improve blood pressure and flow
- Relieve muscle tension and headaches
- Lessen hormonal and menstrual symptoms
- Dramatically speeds healing time and can help prevent bedsores
- Reduce or eliminate jet lag
- Protect the body against potentially health disturbing environmental electromagnetic fields (EMFs)
- Accelerate recovery from intense athletic activity
6 signs you could use some serious grounding:
- Can’t finish projects or focus
- Feel like your nerves are fried or spacey
- Questioning things more than usual
- Difficulty with communication
- Impulse to hoard things and money
- Strong urge to be physical or go outside
Go barefoot outside for at least half an hour and see what a difference it does on your body. Sit, lay, stand or walk on grass, dirt, or sand. These are all conductive surfaces from which your body is allowed to draw energy from. Avoid wood, carpet, asphalt, concrete and vinyl. These surfaces block earths energy. Go ground yourself today and experience the healing power the earth has waiting for you. Visit nature parks, state parks and national parks more often. Just being surrounded by trees relieves stress and anger, this is proven! Nature is powerful and does more than most people think.
Transparency statement: Our blogs contain affiliate links to products through Amazon.com. If you click one of our links and purchase a product we are given a small percentage of the sale, it results in no more than what you will pay directly through Amazon it just grants us a percentage of the sale is all. We thank you for your support.